If there's a quote or song that could encompass exactly where I'm at, this would be it.
"My soul will rest in your embrace. I am yours and you are mine."
We sing songs like this and do we realize what we're saying? We're essentially telling God that we trust Him and no matter what we're going through, as long as we feel His presence, we'll be ok. You have to invite God into your situation in order for you to experience this. And then the next step is, you have to believe it every day, every hour, every minute, every second. It can't be a fleeting thought that gives you peace for a moment and then washes a way at the next big obstacle. You have to make it a part of who you are. You have to believe that if you put you're trust in your Creator that HE will comfort you, give you answers to your questions and wrap his arms around you. If you're lying to yourself by saying that you believe it and then get stressed out or anxious the next second, then you need to stop trusting yourself. Quit blamming God because YOU don't have enough faith.
He tells us He'll never leave us or forsake us. We're the only liars in this world. We're the only ones who hurt our relationship with Him. He's always been there.
I went into my sons room last night and just watched him sleep. My almost 1 and 1/2 year old is an angel. He is the best thing that's ever happened to me. I thought about how hurt I would be if my son ever accused me of not being there for him. It would kill me. He's my whole world. I live my life making sure he knows how much his mommy loves him. If we are created in the image of God and if we believe what the Bible says that Christ not only lives for us but died for us, how much greater is His love? That blows my mind.
My prayer is that I am so in love with my Father that no storm around me will shake my faith in His love for me. He is faithful. He watches over ME when I sleep. He looks down on me and smiles with tears in his eyes. No matter how sinful I am, nothing can separate me from His love.
He's waiting on you.
No comments:
Post a Comment